Saturday, December 1, 2012

Shopping for your Mother-in-Law / Future Mother-in-Law

 
 
This can be a terrifying task.  I am very blessed in that I have a wonderful mother-in-law (Hi, Mom!) who I've known and loved now for 12 years.  However, I know that some women don't know their mother-in-laws or especially future mother-in-laws very well so buying presents for the holidays can be difficult. Here are a few ideas to save the season and make your man proud!
 
1. Every woman loves comfortable PJ's.  A nice set from Victoria's Secret might be a perfect gift. It doesn't have to be too "personal."  You just need to find something warm and cozy for the winter. Here are their most-loved PJ's with free matching slippers. http://www.victoriassecret.com/sleepwear/most-loved-pj
 
2. Find a local nail salon or spa and buy them a gift certificate. Just do a quick google/yelp search in their neighborhood.  Who doesn't love a manicure and a massage? Most places will mail you a gift certificate so that you can wrap it in a small box and place it under the tree.
 
3.  What about personalized stationary?  This is actually something I am asking Santa for this year.  I am always buying little "Thank you" cards, and I wanted something more personal.  A personalized stationary set is useful for every woman. Shutterfly is a great place to start. http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/personal-stationery
 
4. Maybe your mother-in-law loves to cook or bake?  Sur la Table has wonderful bundled packages with a variety of themes.  http://www.surlatable.com/category/cat870432/Gift-Sets
 
5. You could also get something monogrammed for the kitchen.  I love monogrammed linens! Williams-Sonoma has great ideas from cutting boards to aprons.
 
6.  For a smaller gift, I suggest an ornament to represent celebrating Christmas together this year. You can buy something simple like an ornament representing the city where you will be celebrating or a formal Tiffany's ornament. 
 
7.  Finally, if you aren't exchanging gifts but are invited to dinner, you definitely can't go empty handed.  Yankee candles are perfect "host" gifts to thank her for having you. I love Yankee candles because they last forever, and they have amazing holiday scents. They even have gift sets! http://www.yankeecandle.com/home2


Happy Shopping!

Follow me on twitter, Kelly Arditi @K_Diti or on Pinterest, KDiti
Feel free to leave comments- I have changed the setting after a few complaints, so it's open to everyone now!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Kel - super helpful!! Here's another gift I think I'm going to go with for this very thing... how stressful!

    http://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod100175&categoryId=cat1640018

    xx - keep it up with the blog!

    ReplyDelete