Friday, January 11, 2013

Wine and Chocolate Tasting Party


My two favorite things: Wine and Chocolate!  
Together they make a perfect match, so why not throw a party for chocolate and wine tasting?
Start planning this for Valentine's Day! 


Pairings:
White Chocolate with Riesling

Milk Chocolate with Merlot

Raspberry Chocolate with Cabernet Sauvignon

Dark Chocolate with Zinfandel

How to pull it off:
- Set up tasting stations around your table with a small plate of chocolate  next to a specific bottle of wine.  (I bought small 3oz Solo cups for wine tasting)



- My friends wanted to bring wine, so as they replied to the invitation, I assigned them to bring 2-3 (depending of the number of guests) identical bottles of a specific kind of wine to keep everyone's tasting experience the same.





- I also placed strawberries, grapes, and pretzels on the table for snacking in between tastings.









- Make sure to provide a pitcher of water for your friends to drink between tastings to clear their palates.

- After everyone enjoyed tasting the wine and chocolates, we roasted marshmallows in the fireplace and made s'mores with a champagne toast.  (If you don't have a fireplace, you can use unscented candles.)


Enjoy!

If you like my blog become a follower!
Follow me on twitter, Kelly Arditi @K_Diti or on Pinterest, KDiti

2 comments:

  1. Amazing party!! I really liked the idea of wine and chocolate tasting party and planning to throw this amazing party to my friends at one of Los Angeles venues. Will take ideas from your post as I really liked them. Curious to figure out everything.

    ReplyDelete